View Single Post
Old 01-05-12, 04:46 PM   #134
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdp44 View Post
I need some imput from people that will potentially use the Fiji, since I am on a crossroad. Systems-wise the ship performs exceptionally well, but there is one small visual annoyance.
When damaged, the internal model of the hull shows partilally above the deck. I can delete this model, since it doesn´t affect functionality, its purely visual. But than it won´t show any visual damage (no holes anywhere).

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/7733/problemvl.jpg

Green one is the external, pink one is the internal model. I tried moving it around, but it always shows in the same way.

So the question is, can I remove it, or should I scuttle the whole ship?

Cdp44
Would shrinking it in 3D program help? Could it be a little too large? I can't really tell from the image. But is some places it looks like the pink in on top of the green.

edit: The reason I mention that is I did that a long time ago on a IJN sub that Keltos built. He used a damage model from another sub and it was larger than the sub by a tiny bit. Shrinking it solved the problem. The only reason I did it is because it was a new sub, we both had it and I happened to be the first one to take damage. (That happens to me a lot )

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 01-05-12 at 05:07 PM.
peabody is offline   Reply With Quote