View Single Post
Old 12-27-11, 01:39 PM   #203
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
I have 2 SSD's so I guess one will be for OS/Apps and the other one for games.
I need to ensure they are on sepporate IDE bus to reduce transfer speed degradation if both drives are being access at same time. They transfer @ 520Mbs Read and 515Mbs Write.
I plan to use the 500g SATA drive just for storage space with hidden partition for System Restore Image.
These are not SATA SSDs?
I have two OCZ Vertex 3 MAXIOPS in a RAID0 config. Theoretically speaking I should be seeing > 1100MB/sec read speeds (each SSD is > 550MB/s read) since they are in RAID0 but I only see ~ 600 MB/sec. This is due to the controller on the MB (Asus Crosshair V Formula). There is only 'one' channel usually for SATA and it's usually an X4 or X6 channel.
I put everything on the RAID0 - OS, games, etc. I disabled the page file, indexing, all that crap that isn't needed and will only degrade the SSD overtime.
Point is your motherboard determines everything about your system. If you have a so-so MB then you'll have so-so experience.

For some reason those using Intel based MBs with the same drives in RAID0 can get read speeds > 1000MB/s. That really pisses me off to no end (I'm an AMD fan).
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote