View Single Post
Old 12-09-11, 03:45 PM   #6234
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
Hi friends,

is there please a mod, which adjusts historically closely german awards in GWX mod?

Always get the fist (in 1939, 1940, 1941...) award U-Boot-Frontspange in Bronze (U-Boat Combat Clasp), but this award Admiral Dönitz introduced on 15. 5. 1944.
As far as I know there is no way to make the game withhold awards based on their historical unavailibility on certain dates. The criteria for whether or not you get them is based on renown, tonnage sunk, experience, etc., and/or some combination of factors, but in-game date is not one of them.

The only way I know to avoid getting awards that would not be historically accurate because of the date, is to temporarily edit the section of the basic.cfg that controls that part of the game, and raise the amount of renown/tonnage/etc. required to a level so high that it would be unreachable... then you could change it back after you reach the date in-game where it would have been possible to get the award in real life. At least it seems like it would work in theory.

I have Commander set up to do this for me using one of its functions but I have not played enough since setting it up to know if it actually works the way I hope it will.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote