View Single Post
Old 11-23-11, 01:28 PM   #249
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

v1.0.402.0 released. See post #1

You can now double click a mesh in the Mesh tab to edit it. When you do it will bring up a new window that will let you specify position, rotation, and scale/shear. You can also edit it's extended data. Realize that meshes don't have this position, rotation, and scale/shear data in GR2 files. I 'gave' them this so that we can reposition, scale, and rotate them. This would be why when you first go to edit a mesh you'll see values that don't appear correct.

When you change the mesh's position, rotation, or scale/shear the mesh will be 'deformed' by my deformer code and you'll be able to instantly see the change on screen. As the meshes in SH5 are pre-positioned this is the only way we can 'move' meshes around in the SH5 GR2 files. The value last input by user will be shown when you go to edit it again (so you can use the inverse of the value to move it back to it's original position). The mesh changes are currently not written to the file, the extended data for it is though. Reason for this is I want people to test it to ensure it's working correctly before committing the mesh changes to the file.

For a little fun open up the King George V GR2 file. Go to the Mesh tab and double click King George V hull. Double click the scale property. For M11 change the value to 2.0. Now that's how the King George V hull should look like (a REAL battleship!)

I'm going to add something to the effect of a global change to allow you to 'edit' all meshes at once (say you want to move/reposition/scale the entire model at once)

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 11-23-11 at 01:46 PM.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote