View Single Post
Old 11-09-11, 01:26 PM   #18
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
Crossing fingers...but can I bet 2 beers that it will not solve the problem?
Just kidding but IIRC 2 years ago I tried to mess with this and don't be able to have a good adjust of the whole thing at the end. But you knows, sometimes we try again and we achieve it!
...only two ?? ok...here is the deal ...one takes the mam ( mam=meat..etc , i hope that you are not vegetarian! ) and the other one takes the glou-glou (glou-glou=drinks). no.... limits to both of them !

back to topic: the ambientlightcolor(at envcolors) is very powerfull value Rubini ! i discover it by...accident (!) and maybe is the ONLY ONE value that sh3's engine is taking in consideration for understanding the 'night' ! i am telling you this becuase when i messed with it (long time ago!) i discovered that at same mission(time,sea state...etc) ,different values at ambientlightcolor were giving different detection ranges. but it was this randomness thing that it doesn't let me say it for sure (i mean that it is the only value for engine to understand the 'night' and not the sun's position).

thats why i am saying that will help us a lot to find and totally 'eliminate' the randomness! will get it back at the end...it is not big deal after the completion of mod.

edit: this idea just came: lets create an envcolors.dat which has a totally darked (0,0,0) ambientlightcolor value during sunny DAY and see if the detection ranges are reduced like it is night! if this is happening then my 'theory' about the sh3's engine reading the 'night' maybe is correct !

i will keep trying to locate a value at light factor ...you never know ! (i am trying this from time to time ,when i want to 'kill' some time, from the first moment that i started tweaking the sensors but i forgot about where i was !) . maybe there is this value...(not very optimistic though...)

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods

Last edited by makman94; 11-09-11 at 01:41 PM.
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote