View Single Post
Old 11-09-11, 09:28 AM   #1277
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Hi Skwasjer, been a long time since we spoke.

I know you have pretty much stopped work on the Silent 3Ditor, but I have a question regarding an issue I'm having.

I'm trying to simply have the TBT on the bridge highlight able with a mouse capture and linked to the UZO_camera. One click on the object and your taken to the Uzo camera.

In the below image I've got a "Focusable3DObj" opened up. In the "CameraList" section, the available camera names are "pre listed" (with only a partial listing shown). I've highlighted the "ConningDeck" camera.

My issue is this: I'm unable to highlight the TBT object and link a camera to it. The name 3Ditor uses ("ConningDeck") on its listed possible camera links (I believe) is not correct. Please, pay no attention to the below "Parent ID:" and say, "There's your problem. It's listing something other than the TBT object". I've opened up this particular "Focusable3DObj" just for illustration.

I also base my opinion on the fact that the "Data\Cfg\Commands.cfg" file lists the stock game "Bridge" F5 keyboard command as "Conning_deck_camera" not "ConningDeck_camera". I believe the listing of "ConningDeck" should be "Conning_deck". My issue is, how do we change this name?

While we're on the same subject. Your camera links menu left out a camera used on the German side, it's Radio Room camera. This is the camera having the name "Interior_radio_camera". It's also listed in the Commands .cfg file. As has been done with mods, the German radio room has been ported over to the American subs. However, without the ability to have the "Interior_radio" to be listed in the 3Ditor "CameraList" there is little we can do to add another camera link from this position.

Any help would be appreciated.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote