View Single Post
Old 11-05-11, 12:52 PM   #2596
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
@reaper7: I already have re-engineered a pointer to the gyro-angle dial value, so no need. Thanks anyway.

In total, I have no good feeling to consider the gyro-angle for calculating the failure-rate.

If I make the failure rate dependent on time with a probalility of max. 25% and ADDITIONALLY consider the windspeed with a max. probalility of 50% for 15m/s, we have p=75% in total. That's enough I think and people will be glad to have a torpedo hit in 1941 at 15m/s.
Hi Mate, no problem (If you need info on Impact Angle Calculation let me know.
I've a working formula done and working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
@reaper: I don't understand why you want to have an incentive for not using a gyro angle of 0° Historically, commanders wanted to have a gyro angle as close to 0° as possible because a) range hardly matters b) low chance of pistol failure c) lower chance of torpedo steering trouble.
@Both, I guess the real reason why I was pushing for this is due to all the real footage I've seen on U-Boat operations, none I've seen show An Impact on a Target that look like they used a Fast90 attack.
All footage have the Target with an AOB greater or less than 90deg on Impact - whereas if it was a fast90 attack than AOB would have to be 90deg port or 90deg starboard when viewed from the scope at Impact.
Maybe this technique wasn't known to German U-boat operators at that time.

But yes I get your point that its not really cheating so why penalize the player.
And I for one will be happy with any way you Implement this, I'm just a gluten for punishment (Don't like things easy ).
Cheers Guys, Appreciate all your doing for Sh3.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote