View Single Post
Old 11-04-11, 04:25 PM   #2566
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

@PapaKilo: Please read the document posted in the thread I linked above. There is the original number from the German Navy. It is 26% for the period I mentioned. If you have other numbers, please let us know the sources. I've read several books/sources and nowhere found a number close to 50%. Doenitz himself speaks of 40%.

@Hitman: Thanks for your comments. Concerning your number

1) From my experience the in-game probability is close to zero if you stick to some basic rules. Therefore, it does not matter if the new probability is added on top of the present probabilities. In addition, if people don't like the addition they can switch of the realistic torpedo failure option in SH3.

2) As said in 1) I would simply add the new probability. In addition, as far as I know commanders had only sometimes the opportunity to choose the pistol type (because of technical constraints and BDU orders). So, the question which pistol the commander would prefer to use is somehow difficult to answer. Anyway, please make a suggestion for the failure rate depending on the sea state. What we need are values for the probability.

Although real Kaleuns were well aware of the impact angle issue (from what date on were they aware?), the failure rate was 26%.

Cheers, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote