View Single Post
Old 11-04-11, 04:12 PM   #2564
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

PapaKilo wrote: I don't know why you always rely mostly on LGN1 as your history facts adviser.

I rely on LGN1, because:

- We speak the same native language, this makes critical discussions much easier. English words, especially written from non-english speakers, I have to read multiple times in order to guess what they mean.

- He tends to work reliable, his arguments are funded, and his research isn't shallow. These are characteristics not easy to find (speaking from almost 20 years experience of work in science & research). And - very big advantage: He often has the same opinion than me, what makes discussions much easier.

BUT: I also rely on (and appreciate) other peoples knowledge (Stiebler, Hitman, and others!). Exactly this is the reason why I decided to post here about my current work. Otherwise I could have done it alone via PM with LGN1.

---

I took the 25% failure rate from LGN1 not as the absolute truth, but much more in order to demonstrate that I don't plan to overdo it, as you suspected. Now you come with 50%.....don't overdo!

Yes, please, try to dig out that document.

Wolfpack is for now finished. It is still beta, but seems to be stable. One guy with a long mod list had a CTD, but it is not clear whether the CTD was caused by my code. I still wait for some response from him. In the past, 97% of the CTD were caused by corrupt installations / mod salad.

After having read all these different opinions regarding torpedo failures, I indeed came to the conclusion that a rest would be adviseable. I thought, this would be an easy relaxed fix, but turns out to be very complex. This is not what I wanted.

Last edited by h.sie; 11-04-11 at 04:27 PM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote