View Single Post
Old 11-04-11, 03:55 PM   #2561
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
I don't know why you always rely mostly on LGN1 as your history facts adviser. But from what I've seen in documentry movies, there was a phrase I still remmember: German Unterseeboot navy suffered from malfunctions of torpedoes that reached up to 50% in total.

If you want I can try to dig this documentry out for u..
I have here in the shelf one of the most reliable sources, Blair's U-Boat War and nowhere do I see support for such a high failiure figure as a 50%. A TV documentary, with all respect, is not necessarily a reliable sources in such details, so I agree with LGN1 essentially .

Quote:
I see no advantage in that idea, except from more assembler lines necessary to code it . In my (and LGN1's) solution, the player also sets the correct depth, prays that the torpedo works well, and the result is (with a certain chance p) a wrong depth, resulting in no ship damaged. You only see a difference between your and our solution, if you use the event camera and follow the torpedo. Is it really important which depth the torpedo has? Not in my opinion. The most important thing is that no ship has been sunk.
If the end result is the same regarding player's attitude towards the shot, then I agree completely with you