View Single Post
Old 10-30-11, 05:48 PM   #2505
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3228
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
@Fitzcarraldo: OK, I could reproduce your problem related with M.E.P v3!

There is no problem neither with M.E.P. v3 nor with the Wolfpack Mod.

Reason for the problem:

Wolfpack Mod needs approx 2-3 game minutes to read in the scripted AI-Wolfs (See savegame rules in 1st post of this thread). If you send a contact report BEFORE the AI-Wolfs are read in, the BDU does not have any available Wolf and thus orders to attack alone. In a 16km environment, it takes more than 3 minutes until convoy comes in visible range, but in a 20km environment, convoy is visible immediately after game load. If you then send a report, no Wolfs are available and you'll be ordered to attack alone.

In the next version, I'll change the Wolfpack mission and enlarge the initial distance to the convoy so that this problem won't occur.

Sorry that I at first didn't believe you!
Great!!! I read in this thread about "no problems" with MEPv3, but - itīs not a problem at all - the 20k environment "impulse me" to send the contact report at first sight of the convoy! There are some seconds of loading the mission, and the convoy is sighted.

Now Iīll make the contact report 3-4 minutes (or more), from the convoy sighted. I post the feedback tomorrow, securely.

Thanks for the support, and the testing: itīs the way of discover the problems.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote