View Single Post
Old 10-30-11, 07:52 AM   #2492
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3232
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
@Fitzcarraldo: I have tested your Supplement-Mod you sent me some days ago. I installed it using JSGME into a fresh GWX3 with 16km environment, loaded the Wolfpack mission 10 times and waited until the convoy was in visible range. Then I sent a contact report and waited for the reply of the BDU. Result:

7 times I was ordered to shadow
3 times I was ordered to attack alone.

I was not able to find any problem in the code. All worked as intended.

In the next time, I will reduce the response-time for BDU messages and thus reduce the chance for lost messages for the time-period until 1942. For 1943 and later chance for lost messages will rise.
Hsie: I have two questions about your test:

1 - When you tell "waited until the convoy was in visible range": I load the Wolfpack mission and I have the convoy visible from the start of the mission. Only a few seconds (without time compression), and the convoy is visible; I sent the contact report no more of one minute from start the mission, without TC. Do you wait some time before the convoy is visible? I think in MEPv3 20 K environment I use; the range for visual detection is greater than others atmospheres.

2 - I made several test in a paralell installation of SH3 plus GWX plus MEPv3 20k only. I have more packs in this configuration than in my normal heavy moded installation. IŽll load mod-to-mod the pure GWX installation, there is a mod or mods altering the pack patch, evidently.

Please, I request more feedback from the mates using a heavy modded SH3 and the results of the wolfpack pack patch.

Another question: I obtain, in the pure GWX installation (plus MEPv3), more packs attacks with the option "less contacts" active.

Many thanks for your support!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote