Thread: Windows 7?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-11, 11:09 PM   #210
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyACE View Post
One more question, does the widescreen mod need to be installed as the last one in JGSME? I ask because I'm trying to use it together with other mods and I seem to be getting CTDs.
It overwrites several files which are often used by other popular mods, including some very important ones like the menu_1024_768.ini file, the xx.menu.txt files, and the commands_xx.cfg files (those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head). I use a lot of other mods that also require their own tweaks to those same files, which is why I had to do a lot of manual tweaking and patching to get everything to work together.

When you enable the mod, if you get an alert that it is overwriting files already added or overwritten by other mods, that's a signal to stop and make a note of those files and the other mods involved and back out of the process. Then you'll have to investigate further to see if it's possible to make your own versions of those files that contain everything needed by all the mods that use them. In that respect it's no different than any other mod, and it doesn't matter whether you enable it first or last - if there's a file conflict, it's going to show up one way or the other and will have to be resolved before you can proceed safely.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote