Thread: Windows 7?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-11, 09:11 PM   #206
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyACE View Post
I read the entire thread from the link you've posted but it wasn't made very clear if the resolution fix needs to be used along with this mod. Does it?
I don't think they can be used to together as each one has its own d3d9.dll file. You have to pick one .dll or the other, you can't use both.

Quote:
That thread didn't make it clear but is this mod activated through JSGME?
Conus00's mod? I enabled it through JSGME and as I recall it was already set up for that when I downloaded and unzipped it.

Quote:
I'm going to explore my GPU's software to see if I can get it to stop rescaling. I'm using an ATI card btw, which from the looks of it is the one that gives the most problems unlike nVidia cards.
The more recent versions of Catalyst Control Center all seem to disable the various options for GPU scaling/rescaling depending on whether or not you are running at the recommended res for your monitor/system. I found that to be a major PITA when trying to maintain a 4:3 ratio at any resolution whatsoever. One other reason (in addition to the screenshot issue) that I opted for the widescreen mod instead. Would it be nice if it were a "true" 1920x1080? Yeah, but with a little tweaking I'm very happy with what I've got right now.

I have AMD VISION Engine Control Center now, with the widescreen mod enabled I went into My Digital Flat Panels under Properties and the option there is "Enable GPU scaling" which I do NOT have checked. This apparently causes the GPU to let the game fill the whole screen in fullscreen mode, instead of scaling the image down to 1360x768 with black bars around the edges. Works for me - I have a proper fullscreen display with none of the stretching that annoyed me before, and so far no CTDs when I take screenshots.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote