View Single Post
Old 10-22-11, 12:10 AM   #203
DirtyACE
Engineer

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
I'm pretty sure that res worked okay when I tried it with the Res Fix, but be aware that the game graphics were all designed to display at a 4:3 aspect ratio. If you run it with a widescreen res, you will probably notice that the 2D screens look somewhat stretched out which is necessary in order to make the graphics fill your entire (wide)screen. That was a dealbreaker for me but some people don't notice it and/or it doesn't bother them enough to be an issue.

Also be aware that the Res Fix reroutes the printscreen/screenshot function to your PrintScreen key and that many people have problems with the game freezing and/or crashing when trying to take a screenshot after enabling the Res Fix. This was never an issue for me with XP but when I switched to Win7 it popped up and nothing I've tried has alleviated the problem (including switching off a bunch of desktop stuff, themes, Aero, running in compatibility mode for earlier versions of Windows - you name it, I probably tried it).

Whether it's a problem for you, you won't know until you try - but if you really want to take screenshots of your game, I would suggest running the Academy tutorials or some single missions first with the Res Fix enabled and trying out the PrintScreen key there - that way if the game does crash on you, it won't be doing it in the middle of a career patrol.
So if the stretching of the 2D images was a deal-breaker for you, have you found a way to run it in 4:3 aspect ratio on a wide screen monitor? I mean is there a way to stop it from trying to stretch the image to cover the entire screen?
DirtyACE is offline   Reply With Quote