View Single Post
Old 09-29-11, 06:39 AM   #2256
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
We need simple solutions/compromieses. I come to my limits now and I cannot re-program the whole sh3.

I was never unhappy about restricted range of 16km. I explained it (for myself) by rests of fog in the air, conditions are not optimal, even in clear sky.
It is obvious that we need then to ensure that the mod works for 16k environments as standard, and also for the even better 20km ones.

This makes us face the problem of doing as many tweaked sensor files as environment mods are out there, which is quite simply ridiculous. So I come back to my original idea, exposed some posts ago, that this is something best left for 3rd party modders and author of supermods.

Do the wolfpack mod starting from the asumption that you will be able to shadow effectively in 16k or 20k environments, and let others sort their own stuff ...

Personally, if I were you I would even steer away from the hardcode fixes to ensure no UBoat detection you already suggested, as it might cause unwanted secondary effects.

At most, I would recommend choosing one beautiful 20km environmental mod (F.e. MEP3 or Rik's or Reece's if they add 20km) and provide an optional pack with sensors tuned for that environment. But strictly optional and separated from the wolfpacks mod in JSGME.

If you are interested on that, I volunteer to provide a sensors pack for MEP3 in NYGM & GWX, as this is something I have already been working with. Maybe someone else jumps in an offers creating it for other environment mods?