View Single Post
Old 09-25-11, 03:21 PM   #2147
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

@rik007: Thanks for your patience. Some details:

If you are shadowing a convoy, the BDU-AI is in HOLD_CONTACT state. Then, you receive orders to continue shadowing.

If you get a message like "Individual attack recommended", then the BDU-AI is in ATTACK_ALONE state.

I programmed the BDU-AI so that it cannot directly go from HOLD_CONTACT into ATTACK_ALONE state.

I'm 100% sure that something important happened between HOLD_CONTACT and ATTACK_ALONE state (maybe wolfpack sunk or out of fuel? or BDU ordered wolfpack attack?) but the corresponding message has been lost.

Messages get lost, if you send a new contact report before you got a reply to a previous contact report.

Contact reports are hourly, but response time of BDU is sometimes longer than 1 hour -> message lost.

I could maybe fix that, but my idea was to firstly leave it as it is, because I hoped this could model reality: Messages got lost and the Kaleun was irritated and helpless. I'm not cynical when I say that your irritation is part of the reality.....

If the problem with lost messages gets too large, I'll try to fix it by reducing the response time to values below 1 hour.

Glad you are still trying. There is a lot of randomness, thus, every mission will be different.

Last edited by h.sie; 09-25-11 at 03:34 PM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote