View Single Post
Old 09-10-11, 02:22 PM   #70
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
It's pretty much been proven to me that what you were trained in means little when it comes to Modding any Game.

So 'such and such' is a Theoretical Quantum Physicist with advanced degrees, or has a BA in Business Administration.
Maybe he's just a common HS grad.
He may still in HS!!

Most Modders are Hobby Modders.
It's what we do to get away from REAL Life.

For me?
Modding involves my mind as I crawl under a House with 8 inches of space.
At times I must blow all the air out of my lungs to get to where I need to go the space is so tight!

I've seen people panic in such situations and become trapped or worse.
As I crawl areas like this?
I'm thinking of what I need to do with my Modding Hobby.

Maybe SH Modding is why I get paid the big bucks to go places where no one else will go?
Hi mate,

IIRC the best modder in Forgotten hope was a janitor!
Sh4 forum is really a strange one people are talking about their degree and profession!

Neal if you read this make a new section call Profession and title!

Back to what that forum is meant to be, last night i did some test and is it just me but something feel very wrong with the physic of the boat in the water i mean i don't have the feeling that the boat is actually in the water.

Compare to sh3 i feel that my boat is really in the water maybe just some tweaking in the .sim file.

For the wiggling of the water i try real environment from kriller and they seem to have fix that annoying behavior.

The strong point that i find very disappointing at the moment is the way the crew is manage and the boat upgrade system that is done automatically i truly hate that.

I want my SH3 crew back on this one + my sub upgrade menu and this might be impossible because the way they drastically change the crew management and upgrade of boat.

It feel empty without it at least for me maybe some like it this way but personally i prefer the sh3 management.

Also the interface is simply ugly and doesn't feel that the story is in the 1940 period.

Since i am currently working on a new damage model for HAHD SH3 i really find the new damage model on Sh4 pretty bad looking they call it 3d but there is nothing 3d there this is just and alpha mask instead of a black splotch that let you see the interior and since the hull area touch have no thickness to it it feel very odd but that no big deal we can just revert this to my new damage model.

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote