Old 08-27-11, 11:38 AM   #22
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
hello Reaper ,

i told you at my previous message what angles are involving for calculating the impact angle.(read it again more...carefull).
at your figure ...you have drawn wrong the impact angle (it is not the 'x'and forget the Aob) .look at pic :

now, generally speaking the formula for getting the impact angle is :

(ImpactAngle) = (AoB at bearing 0) + (Gyroangle)

OR

(ImpactAngle) = (AoB at bearing 0) - (Gyroangle)

depending if you shoot right or left of your bearing 0 and depending if you are on a port or on a starboard attack.

the rule is this : when your gyroangle = 0 then the (ImpactAngle) is equal to (AoB at bearing 0).NOW, if you shoot with gyro NOT 0 degrees the needle of Impact angle dial will 'follow' the GYROANGLE dial and either will add or abstract the gyro angle .look at the following pics to understand how the impact angle dial works.

ps: your idea by using one of the existing types for dial and use it for the needle of impact angle will go nowhere . the only thing that you will manage is to make the needle just moving around but it will never show the impact angle .you need the code ,without the code it will be very complicated to show the impact angle (and this will not be directly shown).
LGN1 has managed to 'appear' the impact angle(without the code) but it is so complicated that only advanced player will be able to 'read'.

Hmmm, Ok need to study this to figure out how it works correctly.
Thanks for the more indepth explanation on how it works - afraid I don't play much spend more time modding than playing .
The reason for my diagram is due to I wish to figure out a calculation that calculates the ImpactAngle from your Scope bearing rather than just at 0 degrees. So what I need to know is how does the AOB change when moving from 0 to say 90deg in relation to AOB along the same target course line.
Using your examples above I will figure out the calculation for 0 degrees, than rotate to 45 degrees, 90 degrees a35 degrees etc and see what the change is to update the formula.
(Away for the weekend but have my laptop with me so may get some time to work on it.)

As for code, don't worry about that my example video is showing the Sims Dial being controlled by my code overwirting what ever the game wants to do with it.
So I have code in my app thats retriving the Gyroange and just subtracting it from 360 to mirror the gyro (But its my code thats moving the hijacked dial).
So it will do what I want it to do so once I program the formula above it will show the angle.

EDIT: Ok studied those diagrams and explanations and its finally clicked OK now I understand what the Impact Angle is doing.Thanks makman your a great Teacher - everything I've learnt about the Interface and its operation is due to you. Cheers.

Last edited by reaper7; 08-27-11 at 01:02 PM.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote