View Single Post
Old 08-26-11, 07:53 AM   #1464
Betonov
Navy Seal

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottentot View Post
Sounds like a smart system to me. Roots out at least some people with motivation problems, I imagine.
It used to work until the EU came with their bologne system. Prevoius system was very leniant when it came to studying time.

We have the regular and the iregular system. Regular is that you study for free (no tuition) with full student benefits and you can take two years to finish one year (provided you complete the Y number of exams). Very practical if you have a young fammily to suport, which many have. But you have to finish it until you're 26 years old. You can still go to faculty as a regular but you loose the student benefits and you can only sign up for a first year somewhere as regular.
The iregular system has no limitations and is the smartest thing in our country. You can study irregular no matter what your age and you only have classes on fridays and saturdays, perfect for employed people that want to advance but lack the education. You pay for one year and you have 3 years to complete one year (but the exams are free for onyl one year) But the tuition can be pretty high, I'm paying €1500 per year. In some cases your employer will pay for your tuition if it is in their interest. You blundered when you were young and foolish and want to catch up, no problem. Student benefits until you're 26 even in this system.

But as I said, the bologne system is screwing everything up. It puts more work and pressure on the student, having less time for some after school work, puting more presure on their parents and making it imposible for people with a young fammily to study. Plus achieving WORSE results, spiting out graduates with ZERO work experiance.
I'm slowly starting to agree with Skybird