View Single Post
Old 07-25-11, 11:36 AM   #456
Siege
Swabbie

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Having some issues. After a complete re-install of the game, and some (obviously failed) attempts at re-arranging my mod soup to accomodate the stuff I think I want, I now have this:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

RemoveLogoIntroTheDarkWraith
Magnum_Opus_0_0_1
Magnum_Opus_Patch_2
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
More_crew_commands_dialog_v1.04
No magic skills v1.5 MCCD compatible
Nauticalwolf's_Torpedo_Textures_v1.2
North Atlantic Green 1.1
Realistic ammo amount for AA and deck guns
Window_Lights_Redone_V1
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_alt_officer_wounded_by_Torpedo
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_AltAdvSpeedGraphics_by_naights
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_ERM_Reaper7_NightVision_Black_Ski n
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_New_radio_messages_German
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_WWIIInterface_by_naights
Equip_Upgrades_AFFOE
Equip_Upgd_LowerRodAntena
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_2_byTheBeast
stoianm upgrade available mod

Problem is, none of the UI stuff from TDW that was working in my prior install works, none of the automation is available, everything still has halos, footsteps sound like tap dancing, and equipment both costs renown (logos and camo anyway, though I'd actually not mind having to buy the stuff, I just want the realistic equipment options) and realisitic/period upgrades are not available.

On the plus side, I'm not seeing the UbiSoft logo, and and the torpedo skins seem to be in place.

I copied the AntiLag files where it said to, but did not try to put it in JSGME? I also have no idea what I'm supposed to do with the nVidia broken lights folder? Several mods have created folders in my C:\UbiSoft\Silent Hunter 5\ directory, including MCCD, nVidia, "Shadows" and the stoianm upgrade... am I supposed to be moving these somewhere else or doing something with them?

I'm sure I'm missing a ton of configuration options in TDW's stuff too that I should be toying with, but frankly, looking through all these threads the last few days, I'm still as confused as ever about; the integration between MO and TDW's New UI's (if any); what I should be editing or files I should be moving; and whether the MO patch is enabled in JGSME along with 0.0.1, or if I'm supposed to be copying its contents into 0.0.1's directory...? I know I must be missing some things too... I don't want the game ultra-realistic yet, but I do want things like the FX mod that I take it should also be being loaded by JGSME and is not inherent with the MO installation?

To compound all of this, there are some things I'm expecting to see that I'm not probably because I borked how I did it the first time. I had a number of things the way I liked, but I realized I'd installed many of them while not at port and was starting to get CTD's after I found and tried to install MO on top of it all (tho I DID do that in port). In any event, I elected to uninstall and reinstall anew, and am starting a completely new campaign (wiped old saves and everything), but as you can see from the above, am still missing something. Can anyone offer any advice please? I will still continue to work at it myself, but I figured I'd better post here now before I got frustrated so I can wait for replies while I work at it.

Edit: just moved some directories around... haven't tried combing the two MO folders out of fear.

Yes? No? Maybe

If this isn't the right place for this (I did look and didn't see a better place), my apologies: I'll be happy to create a new thread if that would be better.

Thanks!

Last edited by Siege; 07-25-11 at 03:53 PM. Reason: removed giant, superfluous image
Siege is offline   Reply With Quote