View Single Post
Old 07-24-11, 01:32 PM   #201
Runnybabbit
Seaman

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0
Problem solved!!

Hi all,

I've been wanting to reply for the last 4 days, but couldn't due to a problem with my email changeover (new service provider necessitated change, so I went with a free address with live.co.uk). Only when I tried swapping it for my old one, then back again, did it work. Until then I've been unable to post or even check my own profile.. Never mind, all sorted now..

Right! My problem with CTD's on the loading screen were of my own making.

To cure it, I completely uninstalled the whole game (drastic, I know!), with the help of Revo Uninstaller, to get every last bit off the hard drive and registry.

I then reinstalled the game, rebooted, installed the 1.4 patch, rebooted, installed the U-boat add on to bring it to 1.5, rebooted, WDAD, rebooted, WDAD patch, rebooted, and finally, the BMC, rebooted.

Held my breath, started the game, and... PERFECT!!

This has been worth waiting for, it plays very very well. Hats off to all that have had a hand in developing this in their own time, I am so very grateful, as I am to all that offered suggestions to my problems.

Regards..