View Single Post
Old 07-22-11, 01:18 PM   #26
kapitan_zur_see
Commodore

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 0

Currently play testing this. Works some times good, some times not...

Works on conning tower room, not much on control room. Reason for that is that my modified wetness shader only make wetness visible above waterline. As it happens to be, waterline is bound to the 3d model coordinates. Everything above y(height)=0 will be rendered moist. Everything below that will have no effect. Control room 3d model when you open it in goblin for ex is almost entirely under y=0, same goes for neighbor rooms on the same level. Only conning tower room has everything above 0 so everything would be rendered moist there. However the effect is not very subtle (not at all!).

Problem is, one can use only one instance of the shader (I modified an already implemented shader that was abandoned during development and turned off), can't do new custom ones and call them in (there's probably a way but that starts to be really complex with hard coded stuff probably). So if I modify the shader to accommodate for the interior particularities, everything will be lost on the outside (hull wetness) and be rendered weird (at the very best). I'm still currently trying out.

But don't expect much, as it doesn't look so good. Could be, but would mostly require a new shader built from scratch with that in mind.

I'll see if I can add some stuff to the shader responsible for water splashes or water flooding when damaged and see if I can pour in new pixel shading to do alongside them. But that would be only under damage situation.

kapitan_zur_see is offline   Reply With Quote