View Single Post
Old 07-14-11, 09:22 AM   #1577
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by morj_uk View Post
Ok. uninstalled all my other mods, and went for this one. However , i'm fairly new at this. I torpedoed a destroyer and sank it then set sail with my tail between my legs as in hot pursuit were 2 other destroyers. Now.. these things are sticking to me like dog poo to the sole of your shoe could not shake them off. Now, not only that, there are now 8 of them. After a day of being peppered (unsuccessfully i might add) with depth charges i eventually ran out of Oxygen. In this massive thread somewhere is a way to change this difficulty so you can get rid of the poo easier. can any one help me out!!?? Please
Morgs
Unfortunatly you've stumbled upon SH5's greatest flaw and a major part of what makes it currently unplayable. In certain situations, once the AI has a lock on you that lock is permanent, until you save and reload the game. This of course completely destroys the immersion factor and thus ruins the game. I know that The Dark Wraith has worked fantastically hard on an AI Mod, which you may wanna try. That's located here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=171973

I'm not sure if this truly fixes that problem, it may be hardcoded (meaning it's only correctable by the development team that created SH5, that would be bad and mean that SH5 is truly dead for me). Hopefully it is fixable. I believe The Dark Wraith is working on an update for his Magnum Opus that contains a myriad of improvements and hopefully this version will make SH5 playable at last. Can't wait!

Last edited by The General; 07-14-11 at 09:34 AM.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote