View Single Post
Old 07-11-11, 12:15 PM   #23
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
It depends on the traffic you use. Using a separate traffic software allows oyu to have many dozens if not 1-2 hundred aircraft ooerating in the vicinity around you. Where you before visited a mega-Hub and saw all gates empty, you now have dozens and dozens of the gates, if not all, used by AI aircraft that could start taxi any moment, plus a dozen planes on approach, and another dozen planes waiitng in the line behind you when you request take-off. I have had situations are Frankfort, Heathrow and de Gaulle where the mere job of taxiing now turned out to be an experience of its own! Using Flight1's "Traffic 2005" here, at 70%. The airports are crowded and extremely busy, almost all gates in use. Plus the scenery groud traffic of the addon airports. The wporld is crowded as well, since I told my triple-midair collision some days ago, I have not had a single flight without other collision warning incidents having haunted me. TCAS all of a sudden has become a vital meaning!
Yep! Likewise applications like ActiveSky do wonders to make the weather feel more alive and realistic, RadarContact for properly modeled ATC procedures, Ground Environment/Ultimate Terrain really help make the world a lot more detailed and better to look at, and FSPassengers is a great way to give you meaningful reasons to perform well. Without them I'd lose interest in FS quickly after mastering the systems of a particular aircraft. But with it's an infinitely more 'alive' and dynamic game than anything else I've been playing - there's still oddities and AI stupidity every once in a while, but it's a far cry from boring and sterile. The minus, I guess, is that between all that and payware aircraft, the cost of a truly outstanding FS config is a lot of $$$ (spent about $800 on mine by now... can't say I regret it though!), plus dozens of hours of configuring, tweaking, learning how the software (and not just the aircraft) works etc.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote