View Single Post
Old 07-11-11, 09:16 AM   #20
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Right you are, had you confused with someone else. Still spot a bit of a contradiction though: immersion and atmosphere are transfered through sound and visuals. I'd argue that the step up in graphics from FS9 to FSX would improve it, same would apply in a FSX > MS Flight comparison, even if it costs a little performance.

To clarify, I don't mean to attack, it's just that when I spot something that strikes me as a contradiction it triggers a bit of skepticism.

And yes, what draws me most to DCS, and actually any sim that goes into great (extreme) detail modeling a platform and all of it's (non-classified) components, is the actual platform. Flying and learning how the thing works is what it is about for me, tossing ordnance around is just a perk.

That said, they came a long way with the Warthog. AWACS feeding information, chatter from friendly flights (provided you tuned their frequency) regarding weapon launches and kills etc, signing in with a FAC for tasking, I feel much more involved in what is going on than with the Kamov.

Now if it just had a dynamic campaign...

Coming back to MS Flight... I guess actually that advancement in technology might sway me to consider it more fairly down the road. If the underlying simulation from the older titles is still in place, I guess one could ignore the other stuff they tacked on and just make it about flying again. Having something pretty to look at out the window wouldn't hurt.

Contritium praecedit superbia.

Last edited by Arclight; 07-11-11 at 09:26 AM.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote