View Single Post
Old 07-07-11, 12:35 PM   #5981
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
Nope, that is something we added and actually meant a couple of the testers feeling a little seasick when first introduced

Then you guys rock!!!It actually forced the bow out of the water it was so severe.I decided to dive with flank speed and main pumps back on with DD right above me.No other choice.That added a great gameplay aspect!!

That was so kool and reminds me that alot can be done to further the underwater part of Sh3.I am dreaming of having access to the main ballast tank,the negative tank and the emergency tank.Would love to be more in tune with diving and the ballast tank control and the compressed air supply that from reading was very valuable.In Sh3 its kinda non existent.

Things like each torpedo fired will cause balance issues as you lose that mass.The ship compensates by flooding the tube with water.But to load a new torpedo you need CA to blow the tube dry.So each torpedo load will drop CA slightly.

The negative tank......when your being searched for and at PD with 1 to 2 kts the boat dives so freaking slow.Flood the negative tank dropping the bow and speeding up the dive with consequence of using more of the precious CA.Also would think that blowing and filling it would allow one to be slightly buoyant and slightly heavy so that you can hover with no speed.....wasting more CA.

Finally the emergency tank.....had enough water to fill a tank the size of the conning tower in case it flooded.Would love being able to blow this tank.We have all been there and having an emergency tank just in case would be sweet.Your reaching critical depth,the flooding has stopped but boat is holding a ton of water,you have blown ballast and your batteries are dying not giving enough juice to power the sub back up.What do we do Kaleun?!?!? Save us!!!

I have a dream and it would be sweet!
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote