View Single Post
Old 07-01-11, 04:42 PM   #582
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rear View Post
One thing I'll never get is why August and Nisgeis accused each other of being werewolves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
You should have seen the PM Nisgesis sent me. Talk about trying to be sneaky! lol
I never accused August of being a werewolf publically.

As I was a human and had no powers at all, I decided that I would lie cheat and steal for the game. Now being cast as an SS officer was a bit of a handicap as no one would believe 'Bob the friendly SS officier', so I went all out creepy :-).

On the second night (I thought the first would be too unbelievable) I send the two most obvious werewolf candidates a PM. These candidates I determined by absence, post content and a sophisticated spreadsheet the likes of which no werewolf had seen before. The candidates I got back were Ducimus and August.

August was wandering about saying 'Oh yes! We're definately human!' Which was ultra suspicious - he later revealed that he didn't understand the rules in that regard, but none the less it marked him as a target as it did AVG (he was always going on about being a simple gardener and nothing more).

I devised a PM, which was risky, as if the recipient didn't fully analyse it, fully understand the message, the results could be disastrous. I selected Ducimus as he was absent, but was still logging in to subsim regularly and I also knew that Ducimus would examine the PM carefully and respond according to its implication. I also chose August, who, with a post count of 10,000, I assumed was a man that would read, understand and consider what was layed before him before responding off the cuff. Unfortunately I was wrong.

I sent the following PM to both August and Ducimus:

Quote:
"Ah, <PLAYER>. I was hoping to catch you alone. I must inform you that last night in my altered form I tried to attack, but was told that I did not, as I recognised the scent of a fellow werewolf. It is fortunate I was able to supress my instincts and did not attack. Who knows what damage we would have done to each other."
Ducimus recognised this as a potential trap (as he was a werewolf) and said nothing - I think a better response would have been to say that he understood that I was human.

I was unsure about August's ability to comprehend the message, so I sent a PM to Hunter to say that I had rattled his cage, in case August failed to 'get' the message, which he subsequently failed to get and posted in the game thread that I had 'confessed to being a werewolf' which of course I had not.

To explain fully:

Werewolf A attacks Werewolf B - Werewolf A knows Wereolf B is a werewolf.
Werewolf A atacks Human B - Human B dies.
Human A attacks Werewolf B - Not Possible.
Human A attacks human B - Not possible.

So, you receive a message saying that a werewolf attacked you... And YOU KNOW YOU ARE HUMAN. This means that you SHOULD BE DEAD!

But wait a moment! You aren't dead! This means that THE MESSAGE MUST BE FALSE! Yes! That's right. The message IS NOT TRUE. So this means that THE PERSON WHO SAID THEY ATTACKED YOU DID NOT! And therefore they must not be a werwolf but... yes that's right! they must be human.

But you'd only be able to deduce that if you were a human! If you were a werewolf you would believe that the person who contacted you was a werewolf and you'd do all sorts of odd stuff like:

If you were a werewolf, you'd know that the attacker could be genuine and would have to decide whether to interact with the imposter or ignore him. As a panicky werewolf you might even try to throw said werewwolf under the bus and accuse them directly and name them by posting in a public thread about what happened - thus also destroying that tactic and rendering it useless for the rest of the game "D'Oh!".

I did try to explain this rule implication to August and what it meant, but he just didn't seem interested, which was a shame.