View Single Post
Old 06-30-11, 04:36 PM   #483
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis View Post
Oh come on... if in the game thread Andy and Bob were comparing claw size and saying 'No, no, I insist you kill Charlie and I take Dave'... would you seriously not vote for Andy or Bob for werewolves?

Anything in the game thread is public. Private is what PMs are for. Don't get hung up on the Role play, as excellent as it is, as it will kill the gameplay, which is based on official events and the rules.

Last game we had someone who invented a 'werefish test' which people were lynched because of... almost screwed the game completely because one of the werefish drank the bug juice and hardly anyone would believe the test wasn't genuine. Of course it was a pure fabrication, it took some persuading that it wasn't real (official). Anything anyone says in the threads is public knowledge (you can listen at keyholes, or overhear or whatever for role play) - I think this is the reason that Rear started using the PA system - because people complained that they hadn't been told stuff. His reward for trying to make the game thread accessible to everyone? A bullet to the face.
Nobody is realistically going to openly admit he is a werewolf on the game thread, therefore that is moot. If someone did that, I would vote for them, but only out of character. Similarly, if you're going to present a theory based off of knowledge your character can't possibly have, you can always do so out of character...

Well, it could be just me, since the hunt itself doesn't interest me that much and so I mostly play the game for the role-playing (Which I do enjoy a lot).

BTW, did anyone take the bug juice test seriously last game (Out of character, I mean)? I most certainly did not.