View Single Post
Old 06-18-11, 05:22 AM   #6
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmium Steele View Post
In my youth I was a fairly skilled modeller, intermediate with a few advanced skill thrown in. The only ship model I ever built was the USS Ranger, and it was a poor job, believe me.

Cars, planes, HO scale trains and various military vehicles were my thing. My favorite being a 1/8 scale '32 Ford Coupe, until my 8 yr. old cousin rolled it down the stairs while I was at school.

Sold everything when I joined the Navy. Built an M1 Abrahms about 18 years ago for my father. It turned out very nice. Built nothing but model rockets, a couple of wooden ship models, and a small scale Space Battleship Yamato since that time.

So this model will be a chance to shake the rust off my skills, re-stock the modelling kit, and test out some new skills prior to finding a 1:72 model to build.

Hey, the wife's always saying I need another hobby.

Oh after this 1/144 done do get a bigger U-boat and protect it. I got a feeling from your story you're not a bad modeler at all.

PS: I just take a look at 1:144 U boat model kit. It's not as small as I thought it would be. Looks quite detailed in fact. Don't forget to post pictures of yours.