View Single Post
Old 06-13-11, 06:51 AM   #45
Aces
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 211
Uploads: 0

Hiya folks,

The original motivatuion for Super Turms was to bring together several mods that were previously incompatible because they all modified the Type 7c1 turm, namely Anvart's flags/pennants/df antenna, Flakmonkey's twisty periscope, Privateer's turm emblems your way and, when it became available, flakmonkeys' exterior lightmaps. Beyond that I took it upon myself to incorporate a few things of my own, and of others and extended this to the Type 7b turms.The reason that I chose to incorporate the turm emblems 7b/c your way mods is simple, IMO it is hugely superior and more versatile than the stock emblems and the Super Turms mod has always included PVt. Godfrey's and Tarjack's excellent emblems for virtually all type 7's which are not only more historically accurate but also correctly placed something that is impossible with the stock emblems.

Regarding the type 9c-1 turm , I was asked if I could re-size it and subsequently asked if I could do both old emblem and turm emblems your way versions which I agreed to do because AFAIK there aren't, as yet, any emblem packs using the new turm emblems your way type 9 but I have supplied Privateer's templates for all three turm emblem your way mods so that anyone can produce their own if they wish so the Turm emblems 9 is a differernt situation to the type 9 turms for which their are loads of ready made emblems supplied. BTW I've never mentioned anything in my mod documetation etc. about their being normal emblem versions of the type 7 turms being included but, if there was a demand I suppose I could produce them but please be aware that the 7c1 turm would loose its lightmapping as I cannot lightmap anything at the moment.

Regards

Aces

Last edited by Aces; 06-13-11 at 09:05 AM.
Aces is offline   Reply With Quote