View Single Post
Old 06-06-11, 09:16 AM   #1431
JeromeHeretic
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 266
Uploads: 0

I have problem with V15F3. Everything works well in game, but I can't load saved games, because everytime game crash even if i'm submerged even if not.
When i got save from a port, not at all time, bat often the game crashes on start of new mission too. When i use non patched sh3.exe, everything is OK.

IMPORTANT!
I'm not a windows user! I'm running SH3 on linux in Wine 1.3.19 environment, so it is possible, that this is realy specific problem!

I have in computer 2G RAM and when i want to run game, there is about 1.7G of free memory for wine and the game. What happens in case that game crash is, that ANYTIME the game run out of memory and linux kernel at this moment do OOM kill of that process.
In real it looks as save is loading, i see normaly progress bar, at the end screen starts to be black, it's in the moment, when normaly message "Not so long ago..." is displayed. At this moment, HDD LED start shine continuously, which mean, that in this moment kernel try to free all caches and moving processes in background to swap, because SH3 is requesting more memory pages for alocating and try free more memory to the moment, when there's no more memory and kernel must kill this process.

I can do some closer look for that problem (for example i'm playing with IID submarine, which is surely not often situation) if you want. At this case tell me things TO DO, I'll try and tell you results.
JeromeHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote