View Single Post
Old 05-31-11, 05:41 PM   #3855
beaupower32
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0

Just recived command of U-43 at the start of the war. First orders were to patrol off the coast of spain about 150 miles. I do a trim dive/sound check every evening around 1700, I got a convy on a bearing of 345. Surfaced and went max speed towards the convoy. I never found the convoy, but I did run into a loan tanker that was a straggler from the convoy. Put 2 torpedos into her, then finished her off with the deck gun. 10,000 ton, not bad for the first kill of the war for U-43.

Completed my patrol with no other traffic noted except a lone ship flying an american flag, so I dived and let her pass as not to be sighted. 2 days later I arrived at the entrance to gibralter and started patroling.

Convoy sighted on a bearing of 285. Turned to the north to intercept and get into position. 15 m/s winds and slight fog, I opt for a surface attack. Fired on 2 ships, one torpedo each, two hits. At the time of the second explosion, Look out yealls out warship spotted. At first I thought it was a destroyer, but apon closer inspection it was way bigger. Turned out to be a Queen Elizabeth Battleship. What was a battleship doing running with this convoy, and she was all alone. Anyways, I instantly turn to set myself up for firing position. Fired 3 torpedos at her, all three hit. That slowed her down alot, I circled around and put two more in her, and that seals her fait. I still have a few torpedos left, and I spot two more tankers from the convoy, and send them to the bottom. A destroyer pops up out of no where, and I yell alarm and get the boat down to 120 meters and silent running. The convoy leaves and I surface to recharge and begin the long journey home. End of first patrol accounted for 4 Tankers 4 freighters and a Battleship for 90,000 tons.

I dont run any other mods except OM and the enviroment up grade for OM. I also have the Das Boot Sound Mod. Hope you enjoyed the story.
beaupower32 is offline   Reply With Quote