TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrundel View Post
Hi!
I got couple of questions for you.
Did you use sensors.sim from TDW_New_UI_6_5_1? Or I am little bit confused who's mod have to be installed first yours or his? It makes sense that your mode should be installed second. Correct me if I am wrong, please.

In stoianm's post I can see that NewUIs_TDC_6_5_1_ByTheDarkWraith is actually overwrites your .sim file.
I removed UBoot_Sensors.sim from this MOD.
I have worked with TDW for some changes in this File so use his version of Sensors.sim

We also discovered a way to make Submarine Sonar a little more realistic.
For example the Balkon Gerat. This Sonar is supposed to work while surfaced but detection range was way to far when surfaced.
Now, Dectection Range while surfaced is approximately 15,000 meters.
(Barely beyond visual detection range)
Detection Range while at Periscope depth is approximately 25,000 meters.
Detection Range => depth of 25 meters is approximately 35,000 meters.

This will simulate surface ambient noise impacting sonar effectiveness.
(Waves, Wind, Rain)
Not sure when TDW will release update for this.

Maybe in future it will be possible to have engine RPM (Deisel, Electric) also impact Sonar Effectiveness even more, like was done for SH3.

Also, this MOD enables access to 3 more Anti-Sensor Coatings that were not available in stock SH5. (Improved Alberich, Tarnmatte, Improved Tarnmatte)

I asked TDW and Ddrgn for change allowing unique Skin Textures for these 3 Anti-Sensor Coatings in UBoot-Sensors.sim file.
If we use stack setting all 4 Antil-Sensor Coatings would use same _Albrecht Texture Suffix. So, for example, Texture Conning_7C_01_albrecht.dds would have been used for all 4 skin textures.
With change in place there will be 4 different textures.
Conning_7C_01_albrecht.dds (Stock)
Conning_7C_01_alb_imp.dds (New)
Conning_7C_01_tarn.dds (New)
Conning_7C_01_tarn_imp.dds (New)
Of course there are more textures involved for a complete skin texture. This is just example.
If you select any of the 3 new Anti-Sensor Coatings and there is no Textures using the new Texture Suffix. The skin will default to the Commissioning Skin.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote