View Single Post
Old 05-19-11, 11:33 PM   #2538
Kaptain Schlag
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default First Patrol

I was assigned AM23 as my patrol grid, however, upon setting sea Kaptain Schlag felt some rouge in him which he hid from the crew and decided while he would patrol AM23, he would do so and leave for other more promising shipping lanes. East of Scapa Flow, the U-46 claimed its first victim a tribal class destroyer with one torp to the mid. The next victim would prove to be a coastal tanker which was sunk without fuss vis the 88mm deck gun. The third and final victim was a passenger-cargo which took two torps to the mid-aft section of the ship and promptly sunk.

While still on the hunt after this last sinking, no further targets were found on the voyage back although reports of a Brit task-force came in, via a good memory, I recall from previous careers that this task-force is nothing but 5 destroyers.

During the gradual return to base sound contact was made southwest of Scapa Flow with 4 warships however a sleepy Kaptain Schlag was late in ordering the ahead flank and decided not to risk getting caught by Scapa Flow's elite defense forces.

Kaptain Schlag then reported in at Wilhelmshaven on the 28th of Sept. 1939

3 ships met Davey-Jone's locker
4650 tonns of enemy contraband sent to the bottom
-------------
Kaptain Schlag upon arrival wants to ask his fellow submariners if there are any mods compatible with GWX 2.0 that would enhance the patrol experience such as getting relevant radio messages and intel during patrol and/or adding other details that would enhance the patrol experience.
End of Report
---------------
Kaptain Schlag is offline   Reply With Quote