View Single Post
Old 05-18-11, 11:52 AM   #9
Walshy
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Progress update .......

Still quietly working away on these, hopefully am making progress. Sounds edited or completely changed so far are; "soviet_gun_fire" added in a sound of the bolt being cocked for the next round; "soviet_autogun_fire" this was slightly too fast as it didn't sound to me like a maxim gun, found a recording of a firing of maxim on youtube; "german_autogun_fire" it sounded too weak so found a firing of the MG-42 and used the sound; "pz6_gun_fire" used an editied file from High Defination pack for Darkest Hour mod for Red Orchestra, don't know the author but will try find out and credit them for it; "flak20mmfire" sound taken of youtube of a Oerlikon cannon firing, as all 20mm cannon are a derivitive of this cannon I thought it would be the best to go with this; "german_gun_fire" same as soviet (added in the sound of the bolt being cocked for the next round) and "50cal_machinegun_fire" used the sound of the Browning .50 diring from youtube. Now the biggest change to date is the "pz6_gun_shoot" only thing I've kept is the shell release sound at the end of the file, I used the High def sound from Darkest hour mod for the front end of the sound and in the middle so to speak found the sound of a cannon breech being opened and closed on youtube. The sound in question is from the breech of a Paladin SPG. So the sound file sounds like this first you hear the 88 firing then immediatly after is the breech being opened and then finally the sound of the shell being released and hitting the floor, I take it that is what the high ringing bell like sound is. So work continues, I now have reduce the new sound file sizes and such, but the hunt goes on for new and better sounds .................. YeeeeeeeeeeeeeHahh Hiho Silver Awaaaaay!!!!!
Walshy is offline   Reply With Quote