View Single Post
Old 05-03-11, 01:13 AM   #306
luismmm
Watch

Downloads: 766
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medzell View Post
I've spent the last two days trying to get SH5 to run in a stable manner with little success. I've installed mods as listed by both stoiamn and JD but have had constant CTDs. I even did a complete fresh install and started from scratch but it's driving me mad. I'm starting all over again by (re)downloading MO and Patch two for it and installing afresh before working my way back down stoiamn's list for the third time!! If there's no joy this time I'll just have to give up till the next version of MO comes out!!! How come I CANNOT get the speech recognition to run at ll unless it's installed AFTER TDW UI TDC 6_5_1? If I put it in BEFORE (which is supposed to be the correct order) it does nothing and yet the "wrong" way round it works fine? I'm at the end of my tether here now!
Hi Medzell, I run 70+++ mods with no problems, so, and besides my bad English, I would like to share a few ideas:

I don’t use the sh5.exe patch (hydro) v0.0.3 inside Generic Mod Enabler. I patch the executable file SH5.exe only once, and only after a clean install.
After the clean install I patch to v1.01 and after to v1.02 and, after that, I backup the sh5.exe so if something goes wrong with sh5.exe patch (hydro) v0.0.3 (or if I decide to change colors, I always have a clean, no patched sh5.exe file to work with )

According to Stormfly advice "... you should check all environments sound`s (possible part of another mod), which are activated after Stormy`s DBSM, if they are fitting regarding volume and of course 2 or 4 channel samples. Same for all mods which are overwriting Stormy`s DBSM crew scripts, commands.cfg, message(X).cfg`s and sh.sdl... " and also "... This sound mod compilation requires SH5 v1.2 with German voice pack installed! (German voice pack is selectable by SH5 custom install, works with English text) see more in this post:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=164552&highlight=Speech+Recogniti on_MiTonsEdition&page=41
(thanks Stormfly for your help in this one ) also, and because skwasjer/MiTon Speech Recognition came in 2 flavors, English and German, I decided to do this:

If I want to have all German voices and so on, I make a clean install of SH5, I choose "custom install" and I pick "German voices", after that I use Stormy`s DBSM and skwasjer/MiTon Speech Recognition German version. (this is not a rule, it works for me, because I dont want to play with scripts, sdl`s, cfg`s that I don’t master). Right now, I don’t use any German voices or mods for German language version because I don’t understand German. I love Stormy`s DBSM work, but I really don’t understand German.

To make a long story short:

1. Clean install using custom install and English voices.

2. Patch v.1.01 and after patch 1.02

3. Backup the executable file sh5.exe to a safe place and use patch (hydro) v0.0.3 only once and outside of Generic Mod Enabler. Only need to patch sh5.exe once! But if you don’t like the colors you choose for compass (for example…) you have a “clean” sh5.exe to work again, no need to uninstall and reinstall SH5, just copy that clean sh5.exe inside silent hunter 5 game directory and use patch (hydro) v0.0.3 again. (Repeat this as many times you want until you have the colors you like the most).

4. For interior submarine sound and voices I use Capthelms Audio Mod http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163530 and other sound mods but I check and re check if they don’t have scripts, sdl`s, cfg`s inside. (Basicaly I make new folder like “Sumarine_Interior_Sounds\data\Sound” and I copy all the wav sounds I like from interior audio mods to the Sound folder, after that I move this new folder to my MODS folder, its Generic Mod Enabler ready and it works pretty well and with the sounds I like the most from a lot of interior audio mods).

5. I use skwasjer/MiTon Speech Recognition English version.

6. Finally, I keep really close to Stoianm mod list, but, as soon as I have that 70+ mods that I want working 100% I don’t go for one more “must have mod”. If it’s working, it’s all that I want and need; I don’t make any further changes.

So, Medzell, this can look as a brute force approach to making a long list of mods working, but I can assure you that skwasjer/MiTon Speech Recognition is working 100% this way and also all the mods and sounds I like.

I hope this one can help you, sorry to be so long and tedious.

I really must thanks to this wonderful moders, Stormfly for is advice, tips and hints about DBSM, jwilliams and Stoianm, they review this pesky`s mod soup again and again. Thanks mates, you are really good people
luismmm is offline   Reply With Quote