View Single Post
Old 04-27-11, 05:22 PM   #2258
Bleser
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
But there has been brought to my attention, thanks to feed back from a Komerad who enlightened me on the fact that TvT dose not put any load on the GPU.

I was stunned, and downloaded GPU-z and checked it out and sure enough no GPU load in the game. This never dawned on me to check. Primarily due to the sound my video card's fan makes while playing and working in TvT. The sound of the fans increase is very noticeable as with temperature a combination common to a near max-out GPU I thought.

Anyway, I have already began on a solution for this GPU problem although the solution may take a miracle and help from a code Guru but I am far from giving up on it.
So what exactly does this mean? Is TvT poorly coded to not send rendering load to the GPU? Is this also an issue with the stock game (I assume it is)?

Man, I have no idea what you're planning on doing to fix this, but it sounds daunting. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

EDIT!

I have downloaded GPU-Z myself and verified what you're talking about as well. On my system, here is what I saw:

Civilization V: 68-85% GPU Load the entire time
TvT, stock Game: 52-65% GPU Load in-game
TvT, ZeeWolf Mod: 0% GPU Load in-game

Hopefully you can compare your changes to the stock game and find it where it went wrong for the GPU load. Once fixed, maybe all the missions will then get quite respectable frame rates! Good luck, sir.

EDIT 2!

I just tried the German Mission 2 w/ZeeWolf and the GPU did show a very low load of 25-31%, never more. Also, my CPU never went above 29% load across all four cores, but I think this is expected in non-multi threaded games.

Last edited by Bleser; 04-27-11 at 06:58 PM.
Bleser is offline   Reply With Quote