Old 04-20-11, 07:20 PM   #76
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkhen20 View Post
@wolfstriked,
no i agree with you. i made a request to darken the background and such and we actually have it where its red nightlighting but it doesn't cycle from day or night. i've been told it is hard coded in the exe file itself which noone can modify because of knowledge and time. but we are working on it and i'm making notes.
Karamazov's TDc.......salute.

Karamazov stated that you should bump up gamma to be able to see better.I did and I now its pretty good.I lightened it just enough so it looks still very dark but ships can be seen now.Also the big panels on each side of the scope really add to the feel and the kool heading bar with the audible click are sweet!!!!!

Would a slight darkening of the whole image surrounding the scope view and including the TDC panels work better instead of redlight?It would first contrast and make it look brighter outside when viewing in daylight and its kinda realistic considering that sub interiors are not super bright...... and it will cause a bit less annoyance when night viewing.Also the dials themselves are backlit and this could be removed to look like the new SH5 TDC UI by Darkwraight.

http://www.ducimus.net/sh415/ubm/preview_05.jpg

http://img189.imageshack.us/f/sh5img20100531172328.png/

Maybe more realism for sub behavior.The IIB does 10kts on surface and 7kts submerged while the Wiki states 13 and 7kts respectively.They were also nicknamed "dugout canoes" due to their small size and being thrown around out at sea while the larger VIIB in the game seems worse in this regards.And then the diving and surfacing seems off.Especially the surfacing where the sub seems to rise out of the water and then submerge just below water line for a bit and coming back up.This causes you to hit the bridge and get thrown back to the control room when it dips back under.Just ranting here I guess.......maybe Ducimus or the RFB crew could rework the sub behaviors?
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote