View Single Post
Old 04-18-11, 03:03 PM   #667
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlax View Post
Guys I have just installed SH III ver 1.4 then GWX 3 ( gold) thats where I am so far ! I have also downloaded ( but not installed)

SH Commander which looks like this SH3Cmdr32.7z 21815 KB

I have also down loaded SH3Cdr3.2files_v1.2.exe 313 KB

Question I think I can follow the tread on how to install the small exe file but need to be walked through the install of the SH3Cmdr32.7z file

Can you help I ran up into a wall as I was unsure how to unzip the 7z file and then install it

I have a win 7 system and so far no problem have come up I have played a few patrols with GWX gold and it is very nice but would love to use Commander by the way this all is a clean install as I have a new box thanks for help feel free to post here or write to me in messages

Thanks
SH3Cmdr32.7z contains everything you need to install Commander - once you unzip it there will be an .exe setup file that you doubleclick to begin installing Commander. I don't know if Windows 7 has a built-in extractor that will work with .7z files, if so you can right click on it and the option for extracting files should be in the popup menu you get. If not (or you try it and it doesn't work for .7z files) you will need to get an app that works with them, I believe there are some free ones out there or at least trial versions. I still use WinZip but others here will no doubt have other options to recommend.

Once you have Commander installed, you will need to install the config files that it needs for use with GWX3. I don't know if that's the other file referred to above that you already have, if not it's available in a self-installer from the Downloads section here.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote