View Single Post
Old 04-18-11, 12:22 PM   #1
ajrimmer42
Royal Kinotropist

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default Tamiya CC-01 Land Cruiser FJ40

Having finished Uni for the Summer I decided to treat myself to a shiny Tamiya CC-01 Land Cruiser FJ40 the other day Been wanting a decent off road R/C truck for yonks but never really knew what chassis to get. Having seen vids of these beasts on YouToob but never actually knowing the name of the chassis I finally found it out a few weeks ago

I went for the Cruiser as it was the cheapest one I could find, I would ideally have had the Pajero but they're about another 50 quid so I couldn't really justify it.

So after a bit of a mix up last week with deliveries leaving me with a Tamiya Plasma Edge buggy and my CC-01 on it's way to Surrey, a swift phone call and a weekend later the correct package lands on my doorstep needless to say I was rather exciteddd!

I also got a steering servo plus some white paint for the roof and cobalt green for the body, and a full set of ball bearings from the awesome RCbearings.co.uk

The box is absolutely chocked full of Tamiya goodness

No build photos unfortunately, but apart from taking about 5 hours longer than expected it went together like a dream.

Ultimately my goal is to have a scale Land Rover Defender eventually, I have a rather long list of stuff to buy though lol. Not gonn be cheap either

So in order of importance:

reinforced rear suspension set (the stock plastic one just bends lol)
some decent tyres, and possibly new wheels
Defender 90 shell
roof rack
full lighting set (and I mean full - head lights, tail lights, fog lights, spot lights, reverse light, indicators, the whole nine yards )
3 Racing 1/10 electric winch
sand ladders for teh lolz

I'll post some piccys of the painted shell once I've finished it, right now I'm off to start it

Don't judge a ship by the number of it's guns, but by the skill of it's crew.
ajrimmer42 is offline   Reply With Quote