View Single Post
Old 11-04-05, 02:01 PM   #1
Chapeau
Sailor man

Downloads: 423
Uploads: 0
Default PA Hi Res isn't working

I need other minds to look at this problem.

Installed from SHII CD:

Silent Hunter II into C:\Program Files\Pacific Aces

Installed from Super CD (on M:\):

SH2Patch1.1.exe
PacificAces_RC4.exe
Pacific Aces 1.1 Patch.exe

Ran C:\Program Files\Pacific Aces\1024conf.exe - it told me to run the SHII Hi Res config first. Ran M:\Silent Hunter II\Hi Res Kit\SETUP.EXE. Ran C:\Program Files\Pacific Aces\1024conf.exe again, seemed to work fine.

Started PA and could not get 1024 x 768 resolution on the config screen, max is 800 x 600.

System:

5 year old HP Pavilion with onboard VGA - no graphics card because the onboard graphics can't be turned off in BIOS. I've not been able to discover how to physically disable it, if that can actually be done (jumpers on MB, for instance). Onboard VGA works fine in 1024 x 768 x 16 and 32 colors in just about anything I do.

I had an nVidia MX400 64MB PCI card that I couldn't get to work right because I can't disable the onboard VGA. I removed the onboard VGA in Device Manager, tried every available driver, nothing worked. The card never did anything better or faster than the onboard VGA did it and caused lockups. Some of the drivers caused serious problems as well.

Yes, I know I need a new 'puter. Other than that, can anyone see what I can do to get Hi Res to work in PA? What graphics cards might work in this system?
Chapeau is offline   Reply With Quote