View Single Post
Old 04-04-11, 01:49 PM   #7
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

Hey, Fincuan is back! I think I haven't seen you in months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Silence View Post
I did what you said about going faster than 500 kph, and it works! I can fly with my engines at full power all the time without any problems. But it takes a while to accelerate past 500 kph, and as soon as my speed drops below 500 the engines overheat. Where did you learn that? Piston engines also do that (never overheating past a certain speed)?
The airspeed determines the engine's cooling. The faster you go the more air flows through the turbines and can cool it. The same works for most piston aircraft as well. As long as you go fast you'll hardly have overheating, if you start to dogfight however this might look quite differently. It's actually a good advice to always keep the radiators fully open to keep the engine as cool as possible and only close them in emergency situations when you need that last bis of speed.
Oh and with the 262 you don't need to raise the nose that much to climb. Establish a steady climb at around 550km/h. You'll notice that you won't raise your nose high, yet you'll climb with more than 20m/s because of your great speed.