View Single Post
Old 04-02-11, 06:29 AM   #86
Wreford-Brown
Sea Lord

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
Just take care with changing certain .dat files mid patrol, what can lead to a bad save game. Sh3cmdr uses the hex random way (posted above by irish1958) exactly to avoid this problem.

To use a completelly "new" .dat (in some cases) I guess that you only can then use Sh3cmdr to start the game when starting new patrol.

Well, anyway i'm not absolutelly sure.
Randomising means that there could be a chance of CTD in any mid-patrol save as the new .dat may clash with the old value already held in your save game. By using dates there is still a chance of CTD, but only around the three date changes that I put in the mod rather than after every load. I have to say that I'm still not convinced that there is any risk of CTD as I'd be surprised if this particular value is saved in a savegame, but the only way to find out would be to test quite extensively.

I can't find the SH3 Commander file to adjust hex in a .dat file, only one that will change lines in a .cfg file ('Random' folder and the one that irish mentions above) . If someone could point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful...

All my mods are available at MediaFire:
SH3 Mods
Other modders SH3 mods
SH4 Mods
...you can't please all of the people all of the time...
Wreford-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote