View Single Post
Old 04-01-11, 09:45 AM   #77
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

It's just a matter of the correct folder structure, then you put different versions of the same mod in the proper place within that structure.

I *think* the way it works is, inside the Random folder, you make a folder named

This tells Commander to start randomizing the data inside that folder on any date from Aug 1 1939 onward, so the feature is always in effect when you load the game.

Inside that folder, you have folders named

and so on, one numbered folder (in sequence) for each different version of the mod or file. That's the part I'm not completely sure about, the names of those folders - will have to check when I get back to the other PC.

Inside each of those folders would go a copy of the mod's 'data' folder, but each 'data' folder would have a different version of the mod's file in it. Commander would then choose one version from all the available versions, at random, every time you load the game via Commander.

Since it's only one file and I don't think there's a risk of it conflicting with anything else you might have enabled elsewhere, I'd say it would be easier to do it all through Commander if you want to vary things up. As long as you always start the game through Commander, the mod would be enabled in one version or another.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote