View Single Post
Old 03-31-11, 05:25 PM   #194
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
Steve, you keep raising the same argument, but it is not a question of right or wrong or high moral principles. You make it sound like you are defending your civil rights under the Constitution.
You seem to be ignoring the context. It's not an argument at all. Someone raises the question of "how long will you wait", and I respond with my reason for not buying it, and why that reason still stands. In case you missed the hundred or more times I've said it, I don't condemn anyone who disgrees, and I've even recommended that others buy the game. For me it is a matter of principle: They did something I find morally wrong, and I won't support it.

It has nothing to do with rights. I just give the reason for my choices.

Quote:
Ubisoft has designed and is selling software, in this case a game. Ubisoft may choose to subject said software (GAME) to whatever restrictions it deems appropriate. The customer may choose to buy or not buy said software (GAME) based on said restrictions.
And I choose not to buy it. And I only mention it when someone asks for reasons not to buy it.

Quote:
The fact that you chose not to buy said software (GAME) because of said restrictions does not make you "principled", it just means you are STUBBORN.
No, it means I believe what they did in this case is truly morally wrong, and I won't support it. That's all I've ever said.

Quote:
Just like the fact that the rest of us mere mortals (SH5 players) chose to buy said software (GAME) despite such relatively minor, (inconsequential really)restrictions does not make us UN-principled...it just means that we realize that its just a game.
Can you show one instance where I've said that anyone but me shouldn't buy the game? It doesn't matter to me how minor the restriction is. To me if it's wrong it's wrong. Period.

I could just as easily retort that it sounds like you're trying to justify your own guilty conscience for giving in to temptation when others have stood strong. But I don't really ascribe that type of motive to anyone, and I don't trust my own motives or reasons enough to accuse anyone else of having bad ones.

A question was asked. I answered it. You seem to think I'm trying to convince others. I'm not. As I said, it's just my reason for opposing it. I don't expect it to be anyone else's.