View Single Post
Old 03-27-11, 11:31 AM   #3148
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3232
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
Not really a sound pack for TMO. The best thing is to design your own sounds. Open different sound mods outside of the game and listen to them, if you like them and they have the same path you can paste to your sound folder and it will overwrite that sound or just copy the path name to the sound you like and paste it.

For instance if you look in sounds you'll find a file like

"Submarine_GQ_battle_stations_INT"

that gives you the voices and sounds when you go to battlestations, so it's bound to that key. You can replace it with something else, just make sure it makes sense for that action. Many use one of the old WW2 movie lines listed in the mods section. Just try to keep to the same bit rate and length with wav files within reason.

You can search wav files online, such as sub wav files, navy, etc.. DL to a folder and rename it with the exact path as the file your replacing, paste and overwrite. I've replaced torp sounds, electric shock, fire, clanks, etc..

Most of the wav files overwrite easily without problems, be cafeful if you mess with the oog speech files unless you know what you're doing.

Also watch for mods that overwrite your sh4 sounds folder. Certain mods change sounds, so they may overwrite any sound changes you do to the base game. Take EAX, it changes many sounds, so you'll need to make changes you like to the last mod that changes that sound file or make a folder and make yourself a seperate mod to overwrite and load it jsgme.
Many thanks! I´ll try some sounds for torps. I need some skill with bit rate, lenght of sounds, etc. Now I´m working with the ME, adding ships scripted in RSRDC; also planes: I like to see some patrol aircrafts in the allied bases (no planes in allied bases in TMO and/or RSRDC). I take some ships from OM and FOTRS for my own modified campaign.

I´m thinking how to put the new Ten-Ten subdocks in Pearl, from TMO21 to RSRDC, too. RSRDC overwrites the TMO 21 docks...

Succesfully I added some warships and merchants in Mare Island: I don´t like start a campaign for new construction and San Francisco bay is a desert...

If I obtain the authorizations of the authors, when finished, I like to upload the new RSRDC "reloaded". (I´m working slow; also I´m making some things for the new HAHD mod for SH3 ).

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote