View Single Post
Old 11-01-05, 12:28 PM   #18
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Kapitain,

I have absolutely no idea why that happened in our test game. And Bellman and I have tried repeatedly to reproduce it.

What happened, in a nutshell, is that your Kilo, when you tried to launch a Starfish, launched an Udaloy DDG instead!!!

That, combined with the fact that you are still getting DB errors when the rest of us are not, tells me that something is getting corrupted for you in the process of downloading and unzipping the mod, or there is something that is wrong with your TCP/IP protocol.

Since the database directly can't influence the weapons loadout for playable platforms (and this is well known fact, that even if I set the launchers in the database to launch an Udaloy somehow, the game would ignore that for playable platforms), I am left to assume that there is some randomized corruption on your system. I am sorry, but that is the only conclusion I can draw. Since, in game-mechanics terms, your computer passed to mine a junk memory-block instruction that called up on my computer the Udaloy to spawn from your tubes, rather than a Starfish, so it has to be a junk memory instruction from your computer.

Bellman and I tried again and again to get this to happen, and the every test we did, including tests for other things than that, came up just fine, and we didn't have any database errors.

I would recommend trying to use another unzip program, and to check your computer for viruses and spyware. I'm not saying there is anything necessarily "wrong" with your computer, but it is not playing well with the rest of us, for some reason.

I hope we can get this resolved somehow.

If you have had no problems with the stock DW game, then I am inclined to believe it is a problem in your retrieving the mod from the internet and unzipping it to your DW directory. So, I guess, I'd try another unzipping program first.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you with this, but I'm really sure it is not the Mod, because, as I said, there is nothing other than random corruption that could cause a problem like that.