View Single Post
Old 03-03-11, 12:16 PM   #3043
WH4K
Frogman

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
If your using TMO, without RSRD, id like to know the exact date, and position. I just looked over the convoy layer for late 45, and nothing really stuck out to me. The respawn time on convoy in that layer is an 11% to spawn chance every 3 to 7 days. The 83 hour timers could be a problem, but at 11% chance to spawn, im not so sure.
I don't have the savegames anymore, but I do remember it was early June 1945, and I ran into like 3 convoys in a row going from roughly from Kagoshima to Formosa. Two convoys practically ran right over me on my way to Luzon.

It wasn't 3-7 days between convoys. Maybe I just ran into a statistically unlikely situation.

By the way, do you know why SH4 keeps crashing when I try to get into Tokyo Bay? Not sure whether it's a TMO problem or not. I started a thread about it here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=180919

A little more info: The crashes happen when I try to go to any of the attack views (TDC, bridge, either periscope) in the discussed area. Invariably, I'll press the key to get to one of those views, the game will freeze for a while, then I get the "Silent Hunter has stopped working..." error dialog. Or sometimes it freezes for so long that I end up having to kill it manually in Task Manager.