View Single Post
Old 02-28-11, 06:44 PM   #444
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
I'd be happy to see something more then videos myself.
Say a private example to be able to say it's not VaporWare like GWX 4 ended up.
As an neutral observer?
It may help draw the talent you lack in the Team.
It may also assist in other areas as yet unknown.
Hi mate,

I understand your point of view believe me i saw so many mod abandoned way before completion such a waste, but i can assure you that this one isn't going to be abandoned anytime soon.

You will be welcome anytime you want to join us mate

I did some testing on totally new stuff recently and soon will release screenies of that.

But right now i have my hand full because i am finishing texturing a Fletcher class destroyer that will be used as a demo for our design template for all surface ships, Brett and reaper are waiting for me to finish the video explaining the procedure so they can start.

The ship will look great because i used a new technique for rendering the texture i mean i just model an ocean with the same water color as in mod and took an overcast skydome after that i place the ship in the middle with all different part assembled.

Then i simulate my lightning solution to get the best result for RTT shadow baking.

This way you have all the natural reflectivity of the sea and sky blend in the texture and i bake the shadow in the diffuse pass so our shadow take no resources at all on the engine, on finishing touch i use specular mask controller with the alpha of the texture.

I am almost done and will post screenies probably tomorrow

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote